We offer a first class service for our marine clients, with expertise on hand to provide competitive insurance placement for a variety of marine risks, as well as industry-specific knowledge and understanding.
Some of the products we provide include:
- Hull & Machinery Insurance for owners of commercial vessels of any time and size.
- Owners Protection & Indemnity insurance, utilising both the Fixed Premium and Mutual markets.
- Cargo and Stock throughput insurances for most commodities worldwide, with specific emphasis and expertise in Petroleum Products/Crude Oil, Chemicals (Dry and Liquid), Fine Wines and Heavy/Oversized Machinery.
- Project Cargo and Delay in Start-up Insurance, for large scale shipping projects.
- Freight Liability insurance for Logistics Operators who have a responsibility for Third Party goods.
- Yachts in excess of GBP 1m value, with coverage provided primarily in Lloyd’s of London, and written on the market leading wording.
- Charterers’ Legal and Contractual Liabilities including Charterers’ Hull Damage.
- Marine Liabilities including Foul Berthing, Removal of Wreck, Wharfingers, and Pollution.
- Ship Repairers Liability, often with ability to place Public, Products and Employers Liability within a package.
- Builders’ Risks for Owners or Builders of Vessels worldwide. Coverage is an “all risks” wording, and enhancements to cover are available for certain risks.
- Ports &Terminals packages or individual risks, including Terminal Operators Liability, Wharfingers, Cargo Handling, Employers’ Public and Products Liability, Property and Business Interruption. We can also incorporate harbour craft and port equipment within a package placement.
- Sub-Sea equipment risks.
- Marine Professional Indemnity/Errors & Omissions coverage for Maritime Professionals, including Marine Surveyors, Marine Pilots, Naval Architects, New Building/Project Supervisors, Ship Brokers/Agents/Managers, Yacht Brokers/Managers, Marine Consultants and Crewing Agencies.
- Loss of Hire/Trade Disruption Insurance for Owners and Charterers of commercial Vessels.
- Marine Kidnap and Ransom.
- Maritime Labour Convention 2006 compliant insurance.
- Marine Trades packages including Employers, Public and Products Liability placed as a package. We can also look to include an element of Professional Indemnity/Errors& Omissions and “all risks” on Tools within this cover.
- War & Strikes risks, including breaches, for Cargo and Vessel Owners.
- Contractual Liabilities.
Our clients benefit from a leading client service, which is overseen by Steve Gordon, and distributed via our branch network with offices in Newcastle, Stockton, Leeds, Hull, Kirmington, Manchester and Peterborough.
This enables us to provide a unique proposition in the Marine sector, providing first class client facing services from the branch office, backed with strong technical marine insurance support.
We trade with a large selection of UK and International Insurance markets, Fixed and Mutual P&I markets and have direct access to Lloyd’s of London via our subsidiary Contractsure Limited, an Aon Company. This allows us to cater for a large section of Marine risks quickly, efficiently and cost effectively for our clients.