Continued growth supported by eight new senior appointments
The Henderson Insurance Broking Group (HIG) is supporting another year of growth with further recruitment. The Leeds-based Group has already recruited 20 new staff in the current year across its national network of 12 offices, and has maintained its long standing tradition – dating back 20 years – of appointing and training apprentices.
The focus on training has proved beneficial at all offices, particularly in provincial locations, with a resulting strong track record in long term staff retention and excellent customer service.
To complement this, eight senior appointments have recently been announced to help drive the business forward in key strategic areas. On Monday 12 October, Ross Barnitt will join as Development Director for all Henderson Insurance Brokers Limited (HIBL) offices and Mark Robinson will take charge of establishing a new Harrogate office.
Ross brings 14 years insurance industry experience with him, following senior roles at Willis Ltd and Towergate as Sales Director North and Sales Manager respectively. He will be based at the Riverside office in central Leeds, where he hopes to put his corporate knowledge to good use. During his most recent role at Willis, Ross successfully acquired clients, including FTSE 250 companies and two of the UK’s best names in retail.
Mark Robinson joins from Bluefin and is working on getting the new Harrogate office open in the New Year. Mark’s most recent role was based in the spa town and enabled him to see the gap in the insurance market. He is keen to leverage the national reach, expertise and credibility of HIG in providing excellent local service delivery, while continuing to deliver his individual specialism of gaming insurance.
Other key appointments include:
- John Keaney joins from Bluefin. He brings extensive construction insurance experience to the head office at Tingley; an area that is a large part of HIBL’s portfolio.
- Piers Wigan has joined the London office to head up the PI division of Contractsure.
- Tony Needham has joined the head office at Tingley to work on public sector and education accounts.
- Two new Risk Managers have been recruited, bringing the Leeds-based Risk Management Team up to 7.
- James Ramirez has joined as Broking Manager for the Harrogate office.
- Tom England has been recruited from Industry to head up the Leeds office claims
The Group is enjoying 10% organic revenue growth in the current year, which will take it to above £30m on an annualised basis. HIG has minimal indebtedness and the management team is hoping to finalise two acquisitions in the very immediate future, which will take the Group’s revenue to circa £35m.