At Henderson we recognise the importance of the food and drink sector in the UK market. This sector is responsible for 15% of UK manufacturing, directly employing 400,000 people and supporting over a million jobs.
The nature of business activities in this sector present a unique blend of risks that require careful consideration from aninsurance, claims and risk management perspective, including:
- industry wide use of combustible panelling – identifying the appropriate protection of heat sources and panel management measures in place and working with the right markets is often the only way to generate serious competition.
- business continuity planning – we have extensive experience in building business continuity plans for a range of operations. The ability to recover from a major loss is vital to the future survival of any business.
- health and safety in the workplace – we can offer support on risk management in terms of accident prevention and enhancing the ability of your business to successfully defend against spurious claims.
- management of third party claims – we work closely with our clients and insurers to ensure that the right balance is reached between economic settlement and a robust claims defence.
- contamination, traceability and product recall – EU Directives on food traceability and product withdrawal systems have heightened the demand for product recall covers in recent years. In addition to traditional insurance solutions, we can also introduce specialist consultants who will be able to assist in the preparation of withdrawal plans.
To find how your business can benefit from working in partnership with the Henderson Insurance Broking Group call your local office now.